EnergyCare helps keep St. Louis residents safe during cold weather by providing heaters, blankets, and other energy-related services. During the winter season, EnergyCare service providers:
- weatherize homes for the elderly, ill or disabled, and instruct them how to conserve both their financial resources and energy;
- provide weatherization kits for low-income families who are physically able to install the kits;
- provide blankets and heaters for persons who are low-income, elderly, ill, and families with young children who are ill;
- counsel callers on how to stay safely warm in cold weather;
- arrange for minor furnace repair for low-income, older adults who are home owners;
- refer callers to agencies that provide utility assistance for heating;
Click here to learn more about hypothermia and how to better protect yourself and your family in winter.
Your safety is important to us. If you would like to view “10 Tips for Use and Care of Your Portable Heater, “ sponsored by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, click here.